Saturday, August 15, 2009

e-Corner for random thoughts...

So many people I know have got into blogging so why not me.  So on this long Independence Day weekend the bug caught me and I ended up creating two blogs. The present one which would have personal and general thoughts and another one http://righttohealthcare.blogspot.com which would contain stuff on the issue of right to healthcare.

The good news I want to share is (actually I dont know if it is good or bad or otherwise) that I am back in Mumbai from September 2009. Have just bought a place at Mira Road and would be busy setting up things in this cosy 3BHK aprtment. Satjot too will be back in Mumbai after her many experiments at working from Bangkok to Ghassu ka Bas in Laxmangarh of Sikar district (the sasural of President partibha Patil). Since I left CEHAT in the X'Mas week of 2005 I have somewhere got grooved into doing a lot of work on budgets, governance and accountability, mainly capacity building across 12 countries in Asia from Afghanistan to China. For two years I did this with Action Aid International and since last year for the International Budget Partnership (IBP). From October this year I would be working for IBP on a fulltime basis out of Mumbai. So I am whole hog into budget and accountability for the next couple of years, this would ofcourse include the health sector as I have  helped IBP develop a Health and Budgets Training module which we piloted in July 2009 at Kumarakkom in Kerala with 30 trainees from 12 countries across the world.

Ofcourse I do continue to be associated with broad health issues, especially right to healthcare, health systems reform and financing, regulation and the private health sector etc..

So do keep peeping into this blog site for my random thoughts if they interest you....

No comments:

Post a Comment